By Kimberly O'Dell
Read or Download Anniston Revisited (Images of America) PDF
Best american history_1 books
William Byrd II (1674-1744) used to be a big determine within the historical past of colonial Virginia: a founding father of Richmond, an lively player in Virginia politics, and the owner of 1 of the colony's maximum plantations. yet Byrd is better identified at the present time for his diaries. thought of crucial files of non-public existence in colonial the USA, they provide readers an unprecedented glimpse into the area of a Virginia gentleman.
Over the colossal distances and tough terrain of the progressive conflict, the strategies that Daniel Morgan had realized in Indian fighting--the skinny skirmish line, the strain upon person marksmanship, the hit-and-run mobility--were a tremendous component of his good fortune as a commander. He mixed this good fortune at the battlefield with a deep devotion to the warriors serving lower than him.
In 1987, the hungry Atlantic Ocean broke the barrier seashore preserving Chatham, swallowing a handful of shorefront homes. yet within the final part century, many of the switch that has come to this city at the elbow of Cape Cod has been extra refined. ancient homes gave strategy to inns while Chatham turned an enticing holiday vacation spot for motorists, after which the motels turned houses back as summer season viewers sought to have a spot in their personal for retirement.
Denver, identified in the community as �Denver of the East,� is an unincorporated zone in japanese Lincoln County, North Carolina, that was once initially named �Dry Pond� after a small pond on the intersection of street sixteen and Campground street that often dried up in the course of the preferred summer season months. Prof D. Matt Thompson, vital at Rock Spring Seminary, led the hassle to rename the world after the booming Colorado capital to draw railroad planners whose traces may supply an monetary enhance to buying and selling and trade.
- There's A House In The Land
- Sebago Lakes Region, The: A Brief History
- Dixie's Dirty Secret: How the Government, the Media, and the Mob Reshaped the Modern Republican Party Into the Image of the Old Confederacy
- Slave Culture: A Documentary Collection of the Slave Narratives from the Federal Writers' Project [3 volumes]: A Documentary Collection of the Slave Narratives from the Federal Writers' Project
- Hard as the Rock Itself: Place and Identity in the American Mining Town (Mining the American West)
- Passage to Wonderland: Rephotographing Joseph Stimson's Views of the Cody Road to Yellowstone National Park, 1903 and 2008
Additional info for Anniston Revisited (Images of America)